- Gamboa da Costa, Goncalo
- DHHS/FDA - National Center for Toxicological Research
- Conduct a pharmacokynetic study on F344/N rats on the absorption and disposition of melamine and cyanuric acid when administered individually by gavage, simultaneously as a separate base and acid, and simultaneously as a preformed salt (melamine cyanurate).
- Determine the NOAEL of a combined exposure to melamine and cyanuric acid in F344/N rats for 28 and 90 days.
- Investigate the occurrence of early metabonomic and proteomic biomarkers of melamine + cyanuric acid-induced nephrotoxicity obtainable by noninvasive methods.
- Investigate the pharmacokinetics and determine the NOAEL of a combined exposure to melamine and cyanuric acid in a mini-pig model deemed to be representative of the human-kidney anatomy and physiology.
- More information
- Responsible Division: Biochemical Toxicology
Collaborating Division(s): Systems Biology, Microbiology
Collaborating FDA Center(s): CDRH, CFSAN, CVM
- Funding Source
- National Center For Toxicological Research
- Project number
- Chemical Contaminants
- Sanitation and Quality Standards